Pipe with snake carving on bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe with snake carving on bowl

This was found by a friend about 6 or 7 years ago in some sand and rocks on the backside of a culvert in Letcher County, KY, and she was wondering if it's of Native American, European, or possibly African American origin. The pipe appears to be made of clay and sits upright on two carved "feet." Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Pretty neat pipe. I really don't know what it is but I have never seen any made by Native Americans that were similar.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I agree with Ray. .
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

That is really cool. I'm looking forward to learning something new here especially if Painshill pipes in (pun intended)

Comment

Cool pipe, but I'm no help.

Comment

I too am interested in what type. I doubt its native american
            South Dakota

Comment

Very interesting pipe! Out of my area of knowledge really. Ive never saw a pipe like that were im from (Letcher co). The NA pipes i have saw were rolled clay Tube pipes i believe... Waiting to hear from someone who may have an idea of its origin.
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thanks everybody for your comments. My friend was hoping it might have been made by Native Americans but apparently no one on this site has found or seen anything similar. Again, I appreciate all those who have viewed the photos and all those who have also replied to my post.

Comment

Working...
                X