What's on my ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on my ball

An Arrowhead, definitely.. Is interesting.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

null
      Last edited by skrewkase; 10-02-2015, 05:42 PM. Reason: wife wanted the heart shown lol

Comment

polished up that would be a site.

Comment

It was found near a place someone burned trash near where I have found points.someone told me it could be a salt glazed marble.all the markings are weird.i thought it was a ball from a spray paint can.lol

Comment

It is super cool. you really need to tumble it. use light sand. make it shine. it could have been an ornament

Comment

Unique find. What size is it?
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Normal marble size.

Comment

It looks like a ball from a ball mill they have been used in industries all over the planet for 150 years or so. The divots are from crashing into other balls in the circular mill. I have seen types of ball mills in the rubber processing plants I worked in back in the day. The are usually on a horizontal axis and turn causing the balls to roll and crash into each other. One in particular I used was for making a compounded slurry of feldspar and sulfur among other chemicals to add weight and density to Latex foam pillows and mattresses. I saw another ball mill in a hard rubber plant where they molded grips for knives and screwdrivers. The excess rubber would create a flashing where it squeezed out of the mold. The remove the flash. They would put the parts into this small ball mill then they would inject nitrogen and spin it with the stone marbles. The marbles would knock off the frozen flash and leave a nicely finished product.

By the way did you know that these stone marbles were also used in water treatment plants to help separate liquids from solids?
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

that's cool. I swear you know everything that comes on here. Great info!!!😁

Comment

Wow! hoss that's funny there's a treatment plant a few hundred yards away where I fond it maybe they were shooting them with a sling shot.thanks for all your info and time.very much appreciated bud.

Comment

Working...
                      X