any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas

ok i need some help on thin i recently got this from another family member and they did int remember where they got it so . i was wondering if any one knows what it is u kno i believe its hand maid looks old too.. i kno they had it for atleast 30 years but i dont know. thanks if any one has any ideas i olso posted this in non native american artifacts. but i olso dont kno if it is native eather so

ok i need some help on thin i recently got this from another family member and they did int remember where they got it so . i was wondering if any one knows what it is u kno i believe its hand maid looks old too.. i kno they had it for atleast 30 years but i dont know. thanks if any one has any ideas

Comment

It makes me think of a Lacrosse Stick but maybe it is a fancy dancy Snow Shoe. Will be interesting to see what others identify it as.
      \"Of all the things I\'ve lost, I miss my mind the most.\"

Comment

IT IS A SNOW SHOE I FORGOT TO MENCHIN THAT SRRY

Comment

THIS IS INFACT A SNOW SHOE BUT THATS ALL I KNO

Comment

looks like an old snowshoe that someone turned into an art object
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

actually i dont think its a very old snow shoe
              also believe that shoe was made for the art project and never was used as an actual snow shoe
              the center section where the pic is should be laced and have an opening for the toe of your boot,plus areas for the bindings to attach
              also the front of the shoe looks to be flat when it should be arched up a little bit

Comment

it does arch up a bit

Comment

The artwork looks reminiscent of advertising from the 1950"s. Might be an advertising piece or a souvenir from somebodies road trip.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I agree with sneaky it dont look old to me either. How long is it?
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

And another thing zip you only need to post this in one thread not two.
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

There I moved them all together into one place. Do not post it in more than one place. If you do I will perceive that as spam and remove you from the forum! This is not an artifact in my honest opinion it is modern art. Probably not even made by Indians. Have you looked at it closely? It might even say made in Japan on it someplace!

Comment

Looks like a souvenir to me too
                          South Dakota

Comment

I would guess souvenir piece.

Comment

Working...
                            X