Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id help please part III

Hi everyone
    I posted a few pics last week of some arrowheads I got at a antique mall and my wife got this one which I forgot to post for an ID. The base is bevelled so it appears as if it's complete. Can anyone please tell her were it may be from and roughly how old.
    Thanks

It is a woodland triangle point. There are several types it would fit into. As far as where is it from??? The Antique Mall sounds about right LOL. Just joking about the Mall. What state are you in Scott? Did she buy it in the state you are in? It may or may not help to narrow it down but it will just be guessing. Nice looking point.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• scottnokes
      scottnokes commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there. Thanks For your Reply. I live in southern Illinois but I got the point in a antique mall in Cape Giradeau, Missouri and paid $1 for it.

Really good pics Scott. If that were found in my area I'd say it was a Madison triangular point from the Mississippian period 1,100 - 200 Before Present. However not being familiar with your area, which is just a little north and west from me, I'll leave it to others from your area to help ID. That's a nice point and I really like that milky white material.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• scottnokes
      scottnokes commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks scorpion for your help again. I looked up the Madison point and it says they can be found here in south Illinois and Missouri

You did good a dollar is a good price for a little Madison like that.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Looks like it may have been found in some body of water somewhere due to the polish it has.
      South Dakota

Comment

Working...
      X