Daughter's Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter's Find

My daughter and I took the grandson, Hunter, on a short walkabout yesterday. Click image for larger version  Name:	KristyHunter.jpg Views:	1 Size:	256.7 KB ID:	243166 On our way back up the hill, off the beaten path, Kristy found this artifact. I don't know what to call it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Artifact.jpg Views:	2 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	243167

Click image for larger version  Name:	Artifact3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	243165Click image for larger version  Name:	Artifact5.jpg Views:	1 Size:	63.1 KB ID:	243164 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_25594.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	243161

Click image for larger version  Name:	Artifact4.jpg Views:	2 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	243168Click image for larger version  Name:	Artifact7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.4 KB ID:	243169
    I'm pretty sure that it's Chalcedony type material based on the cortex. We did a cursory search of the immediate area but could not find the other part. Not sure which end of the artifact I have. The edge seems to be fairly worn or weathered.
    Attached Files
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

It looks like it was worked to me Chuck. That last pic really shows the oval view. Looks like a hackuva day Chuck...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Looks like it was in the beginning stage of the perform. while reducing it they broke it and discarded it to start on another piece. The dull edges are when the knapper abraded it to make the point or blade.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Good info. I was thinking broken preform.

Comment

I am with the broken preform group.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

And so it is. I would never have guessed it. Thanks ya'll. Now I can put a label on it.
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
            X