Two Unknown Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Unknown Points

I'm not in the habit of buying artifacts (and never have much luck finding them, either), but knowing my interest, my girlfriend gave me these for my birthday. They were purchased at an antique shop in North Georgia. I have no idea of their origin before that. The biggest (first) one reminds me of a Swannanoa, but I have no idea on the first one. It has a poorly defined stem and almost looks unfinished.

#1: ~1.25 inches long
    #2: ~1 inch long

Hi,

They look authentic to me so she did okay. The first one may have an impact fracture and may be a Swananoa? I've seen many of them that were crudely made. I like the little white chert point. It's hard to tell if the base is broken or the if it was made that way. Post a picture of the other side.

Von

Comment

Good to know that they look authentic. They weren't every expensive, but it's quite hard to tell sometimes, and I don't have much experience with anything I haven't found personally. Anyway, here's the other side, sorry for the delay of posting. At first, I thought maybe it was a scraper, but it doesn't really look like it. One side just seems to be very poorly defined/unfinished.

Sorry if it's a bit blurry, best I can get with my phone.

Comment

After looking I think it's the tip of a broken point but still nice! I find a lot of nice artifacts in Antique shops. The problem always is can I buy them at a reasonable price? Sometimes I can other times I cant and it takes work. I'll go back several times to make a deal if needed. Keep kicking dirt and find new places to hunt. It will pay off in time.

Von

Comment

Working...
        X