Any Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Idea?

I figured I would throw this rock at you guys for any ideas. Found it while playing frisbee golf. Not kidding! This was laying flush in greenway, not laying on the surface. I pryed it up, carefully examined it for a minute and was like just a rock. I was already in the groove of throwing so I thought hey I'm gonna see if I can get it in the hole that was about 20 yards away. Ended up throwing it side armed and overshot the hole by 20 yards. I did put some force behind it. I thought it was neat and actually I have not seen quartz/quartzite like this. Anyways, I wonder if it's possible this was made for fun or is some kind of preform? Possibly I kept a stepping stone, because I am gonna make this more interesting. I went back another time because I felt like something else is there. Found a flaked adz!

The adze is nice. The other I'm afraid is just a rock
    South Dakota

Comment

• Bone2stone
      Bone2stone commented
      Editing a comment
      The adze pic could use something for sizing comparison.
      Lots"o" implements out there of all sizes.

Jess B,

Originally posted by SDhunter View Post
    I'm not so sure... It appears to be a WOK, something you fwoe at wabbits.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

Nice Adze and Cool to have another disc golfer on here. Only spot I sometimes play in the northern piedmont is Johnson st. In HP.
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Originally posted by Sugaree View Post
        Nice Adze and Cool to have another disc golfer on here. Only spot I sometimes play in the northern piedmont is Johnson st. In HP.
        I don't have time to play anymore. I did about 5 years ago. There was only two places I played at. Actually I would like to go back to the Yadkin County Park one. I have never found any artifacts at that one but I have been told they are there too. PM me if you want to play sometime. Might even find a piece of history.

Comment

Originally posted by SDhunter View Post
          Here is the frame I have the adze in now. Used invisible thread to wrap them on. I'd say it's about 4" long

Comment

Nice adz & very nice case!
            Child of the tides

Comment

Nice adze Tater!
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Whoa, thatsa nice way to show em off. I especially like the top three.
                Although three distinctly different style points they look as if they were made from the same core of chert.

Jess B
                It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
                X