Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heartbreakers, tear jerkers, "nitro moments"....post them here so we can all share your pain...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbreakers, tear jerkers, "nitro moments"....post them here so we can all share your pain...

I love looking at stonework in all it's forms. It seems a waste of space and time to start a new thread for every broken artifact found, and I imagine many of you feel the same way, so I'm starting this thread so we can gather them all together and have a group cry.😂

Please share!!!
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

WOW Jason, What a beautiful artifact. That is truly a heartbreaker.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Here's a handful all together..."bigger" the image and check them out...some of them are amazing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Kelley View Post
        WOW Jason, What a beautiful artifact. That is truly a heartbreaker.
        After seeing your work and points like this, I have even more appreciation for your talents.!

Comment

Can you imagine trying to get that base formed. I could probably do it on my table saw but I sure couldn't knap notches like that in the base with a deer antler or bone. The more of these I see the more impressed I am of the early NA's skill at making them.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion68 View Post
            Can you imagine trying to get that base formed. I could probably do it on my table saw but I sure couldn't knap notches like that in the base with a deer antler or bone. The more of these I see the more impressed I am of the early NA's skill at making them.

I've turned that thing over in my hands a thousand times thinking about that....the skill level required blows my mind.

Comment

Hi Jethro. I had 4 pounds of tips and bases of points (there were too many to count so I just put them in a box and set them on a scale) back before I sold most of it. But I do have an image of three Calf Creek looking points which the one in this post looks like. Talking about so called heart breakers there was only one point that I ever found out of thousands that I was truly despondent about and the 3 below are not the ones. You gotta get used to it, many of the points were broken before they got completely used up by resaharpening. Why would anyone throw away a perfectly good point and considering how hard it is to make and halft one then those that are lost would be fairly rare. I always thought it very lucky that I found so many lost or misplaced points. BTW I see no use and making one thread where everyone posts broken points. I think if a point is exceptional like the one you posted then it may deserve a special thread of its own. Otherwise I have no desire to see photos of a bunch of broken points. Click image for larger version  Name:	Calf Creek points.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.4 KB ID:	255776
              Last edited by sailorjoe; 07-14-2017, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Jethro355
                Jethro355 commented
                Editing a comment
                Those are some super nice fractions....man..

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2598.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	255785Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	255782

Name:	photo (24).JPG
Views:	175
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	255783Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (39).JPG
Views:	193
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	255784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0657.JPG
Views:	217
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	255779Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1324.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	255780Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6123.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	255781

I a pic folder labeled "broke" so I could go on and on. Now I'm a little bumbed out again!

Comment

couple of broken bannerstones from Western CT Click image for larger version  Name:	bansd006.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	255788
                Click image for larger version  Name:	bast1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	95.3 KB ID:	255789
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• OBION
                  OBION commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I really like that two tone material.

Name:	banerst1.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	255791
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Flynn
                  Flynn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What is this?

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is a broken bannerstone that is tally marked.

These two kill me. My cousin has a tip and base like this from the same field. Both his sections are from the same location as these finds but the material on his match up with a missing center section. Click image for larger version

Name:	broadblade.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	574.0 KB
ID:	255793

Comment

Name:	100_0481.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	255984Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0373.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	255985Click image for larger version

Name:	101_0825 (640x480).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	255986Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1080.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	255987Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1858 (640x480).jpg
Views:	113
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	255988Click image for larger version

Name:	121_2086.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	255989Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0120.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	255990 Some Great broken pieces Guy's! Sometimes it's about The experience/occasion and not what is found IMO.
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hoss...I have to ask, what in the world is that???

Comment

Jethro , what a cool thread ! Hoss broken but amazing . Josh again good golly man you get some finds . I have to go look for my puin ball breaks but it was heartbreaker because it was my favorite lithic for our area . Really not to ya alls caliber

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X