• Show
Clear All

• Latest Finds

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2879.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	256405
    Hello everyone just wanted to show my latest finds. These are all recent finds from three hunts. A few are from the NC piedmont and a few from the SC piedmont. I posted this in the what did I find because I'm not certain on a few. My favorite is the middle left of the quartz Scraper thinking it's a Halifax? The middle right at first I was thinking Savannah River but now I'm thinking Morrow Mountain due to the taper in the base. The one in the middle under scraper going Guilford but does have a Morrow Mountain base look to it? So the big thing on the bottom right. I'm thinking it's a hand blade or big scraping tool? Maybe it's just a preform I've never found one before. It sure fits perfectly in my hand? Now the big thing on the bottom left? It could be just a rock but it's got great symmetry, an edge, and a patina. I have no clue just can't seem to put it into the rock garden yet. Thanks everyone and happy hunting and sorry for so many unsures.

Comment

Comment

Not a bad 3 outings and a good mix of lithics too.
        NW Indiana

Comment

Hey Marshall, Congrats on a good bunch of artifacts. I am in awe of how the ancients could knap that quartz. I like that striped lith in the top row too.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Sugaree
            Sugaree commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Ron that one is definitely my heartbreaker. I looks to me like it's just a higher grade of rhyolite. Actually it might be the best looking rhyolite material I have.

That banded rhyolite is neat. I've found pieces of that exact material. I actually kept a sample or two of it, but would have to dig around to see where I stored them. I don't think I've ever seen a whole arrowhead made out of before. Looks like you had a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Sugaree
            Sugaree commented
            Editing a comment
            Taterman I love the banded rhyolite it does not seem to develop a nappy patina like most of our rhyolite does.

Your Morrow Mt are good calls. That tapered base is the key. Like Ron, my eyes linger on that striped lithic. Very cool.
          Child of the tides

Comment

Thanks Deb unlike most of my rhyolite finds I can really see the work. The only reason I found it was because there was a shiny quartz rock that caught my attention and it was barely sticking out of the ground next to it.

Comment

Yes that's my favorite to but the one above it with the banded lithic ... the serrations in that are
              beautiful .
              Cant wait to hear what the heck that redish snapped off piece is . The largest one ...

Comment

Heck yea congrats !!!! I like the quartz stuff we don't get much of that in NW Arkansas

Comment

• Sugaree
                  Sugaree commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Quartz is the most common lithic I find with rhyolite not far behind. Thanks for the comment!

Very nice. Congratulations
                Gary

Comment

Working...
                X