New find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New find

My friend , who never hunts. Stumbled upon this. In North East Texas. Opinions?
    Attached Files

Looks like the makings of a artifact .... we could help a little better if we had a few more pics in natural lightning ( if possible ) and something in the pic for size reference ... and Welcome to our site from NW Arkansas
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Thankz ill take a better picture

Comment

You have the right material, but other than that, it's hard to say much without better pics
        South Dakota

Comment

G10+ is right. Also watch your focus on the object. Clarity really helps when you're trying to see the finer details. Welcome Aboard from Tennessee.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I am with better pics but the lithic appears to be Edwards plateu chert what I can't see is work and size would help along with thickness
            ​​​​
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Maybe this is better

Comment

Comment

Im new to this sharing a link so hope i just didnt share my whole photo album

Comment

• chase
                    chase commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well it did omg. .....sorry I just couldn't refuse going there nah you are fine

Could be a big quarry blank, could be a tool, such as a chopper for butchering. Cool piece.
                  Oh, Welcome to the site!
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Looks like a big Trade Blank or sometimes referred to as a Quarry blank
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

What I am seeing in your pics is a discard it has a few stacks which would eliminate further reductions not someone would be able to trade or even cart around
                      that is my take on it nice find it dose tell a great story
                      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thanks yall

Comment

Working...
                        X