Odd looking opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd looking opinions?

Nice hafted scraper! Likely from a used up larger point or knife. Continuum of use. I love these tools.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Marlasan - I agree with Tom. I don't believe I ever seen a point with a stem that was as long as the blade. Appears to have been reworked into a scraper as Tom says. By the way Marlasan - It's a good idea to post pics of both sides of a point especially if you're looking for help in identification. That lets the viewer see the flaking pattern, if it has been ground or beveled on the edges and sometimes these points are unique in that they have been beveled on one side of each face. It really helps characterize the point for identification. Just a thought for ya.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

The hand dose give size a scraper would fit
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Comment

Those hafted scrapers are neat artifacts. It is amazing to me when I find a large broken piece on a site that was left broke and not reworked. Then there is pieces like yours that had to be someone's special knife that they just couldn't let go.

Comment

Nice hafted Scrapper! Thanks for sharing!
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Nice scraper
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                X