Is this a scraper or other type tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a scraper or other type tool?

I've manipulated the lighting and settings on my phone in an attempt to get the best pics possible with what I'm currently working with. If this doesn't do the trick just let me know and I wont post anymore until I've upgraded optics. I've included a pic of both sides along with a couple profile shots. Overall length is about the size of an AA battery. Its one of my favorites so far since it isn't broken or chipped in any way. I want to get this photo stuff correct because I have a few projectile points that I would like to submit for ID and want to make sure I'm presenting the most accurate representation of the artifact possible without breaking the bank with new optics.

As always, thank you all for your prompt, candid responses.

Armyman

Looks like a scraper to me... what I would call a thumb scraper. Nice lithic.👍
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Nice scraper
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

As with all of my posts, item was found in west central Missouri. Grand River system this time, but still Osage tribe area of influence I think.

Comment

You are thinking to shallow on time frame it could be but it could be a older find all surface finds have no way to date especially when it comes to tools context of what is around it may lend a scoop in time line
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Nice scraper, and Chase is right, it could be way older than you think.
            South Dakota

Comment

Hard to see the edge work. Could be a preform as well. Better pics of the edge would help.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I agree that it's a scraper but without some context of the find, it's near impossible to date.
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Scraper it is !!!
                  As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                  NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                  X