No announcement yet.

Arrowhead Found Near Simpson Spring Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little late to the party here, but I'm gonna resurrect a dead thread anyway lol. Simpson Springs is in my stomping grounds, and it appears you have found a Humboldt point or a potentially reworked/resharpened Pinto Basin point. Lots of great stuff out in the surrounding areas, with history dating back nearly 14,000 years to Lake Bonneville. I've found some really neat stuff out there, Rose Springs, Elko, broken Haskett pieces, lots of cool stuff. If you're ever out this way again I can show you around.

Comment

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, you got me all mixed up by bumping this thread. I saw Jan, but didn’t realize it was a year ago.

• DirtyGary
      DirtyGary commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol sorry.

Lol I saw this and said hey a guy found one a year ago in the same place . Scrolled down and looked at the dates and my own posts . Well at least my memory is working still .

Comment

• DirtyGary
      DirtyGary commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol.

A lot of that land out there is BLM land. Say no more boom.... "Mid-Utah" would have been OK. I can't find much in FL anymore due to state and national laws anymore. All I ever hear about BLM land (never been on any BLM land in my life) is bad, too.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• DirtyGary
      DirtyGary commented
      Editing a comment
      True story there. Of course this area is amazingly huge and you gotta know how and where to hunt. Other than that the location itself is fairly useless.

Tom Wayne’s best friend in Fl has a job laying pipe near the Swanee river . He called us yesterday freaking because he is digging up all along there .
    nothing more to say he is sure he will find something .
    boom and double boom

Comment

Late delay on this but i found this nice point a few miles south of the one shown.i belive these to be dalton points i realize we're pretty far west but mine has all indication of being dalton it's a classic point type.you found a rare point indeed. Utah has a great variety of different points.
      Utah

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        It’s a beauty, whatever it is.👍👍

Humboldt Expanded Base aka Buchanan Eared is my guess. Not quite as old as paleo/early archaic, but still a couple thousand years old.

Description of the Humboldt Expanding Base Projectile Point
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Looks like a Humboldt basal notch Point to me.

Comment

I agree is either a Humboldt or maybe an Allen the flaking and cross section would be the key to tell the difference

Comment

Comment

After looking closer at this old interesting point from Utah. Have to agree with Chase. It’s most likely a McKean. The points flaking pattern is not your typical Humboldt. Old thread, but a good learner.

Comment

Working...
              X