Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can’t tell if what I found is an arrowhead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can’t tell if what I found is an arrowhead.

I found a decently sharp rock a while ago, and I’d like some help figuring out if this is an arrowhead or some other artifact, here is some information on it:
    It was found on a river in Charles City, Virginia,
    and here is the picture. Thank you for your time!

yes it is but what Gary will n here
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Sure looks like you found an arrowhead. The experts on here should be able to confirm it and help you to ID it.

Comment

Hey Dakota, That is a beautiful triangle point. A closeup in natural daylight would be nice.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Thanks for all the responses guys! I’ll definitely get a picture in daylight when I can, I’m not sure if the sunlight will come through much tomorrow with Florence coming in, but I’ll watch for it!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Dakoda, we are glad to have ya and hope you stick around! That is a great find there! It is not an arrowhead in my opinion but it is a projectile point. It would have been attached to the tip of a long stick called an atlatl dart and thrown with a simple device called an atlatl. If I had to put a type name to it, I would probably call it an Almance or maybe even a small Dalton.
            Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Hi and congratulations on a nice find! Look up Clements projectile point.

Von

Comment

Nice point Dakoda
                South Dakota

Comment

Thanks again for all the responses, I did get a picture in sunlight as well.

Comment

Hey Dakoda, Deb here in Gloucester,VA. You’ve found a beauty there! I would lean towards Dalton it possibly an Alamance, which would be late paleo. Hard to see all the features to identify it positively. Looks too chunky to be a Yadkin & Uwharrie tends to be thin. This looks thickish.
                    Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
                    X