Arrow head? Help help sos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow head? Help help sos

Is this an arrow head, i live in the country near brownwood texas, commanche indians used to live here, is this a real arrow head or just natural formation.
    Last edited by ianscottcastillo; 09-19-2018, 11:48 PM.

It's worked, and may be the tip of an unfinished projectile or knife. You did not provide scale for a size reference. Are you sure you want your email in a public venue for all the world to see? Folks will answer you right here in your thread, and we have a personal message function as well. You may wish to edit your email out.

Anyway, welcome, I believe your piece is artifactual(to the archaeologists, even a flake is considered artifactual), and we'll see what others have to say...
    Rhode Island

Comment

I also moved your thread to the appropriate category....
      Rhode Island

Comment

I'd say it looks "arrowheadish."
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I'd say it was a failed attempt at making an arrowhead. The maker probably discarded it bc of the excessive amount of hinge fractures that happened.
          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

I agree with Broken Arrow, and even the ancient’s “throw-away” stuff is beautiful to me. I have a box full of them.👍👍
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Yes I agree with the fact that it is an ancient artifact. I don't think it was finished because the flaking didn't work out.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Ron Kelley
                Ron Kelley commented
                Editing a comment
                lol Hey Andrew, I sure would have given it my best try but that thing has more steps than the Washington Monument.

• Broken Arrow
                Broken Arrow commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol. Yeah, it may not have turned out your best work, may have ended up being a mini triangle if I worked it.

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                You just cracked me up Ron
            Working...
            X