Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to i.d. some bases, need a little help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to i.d. some bases, need a little help.

I'm usually pretty decent at point identification but these two are eluding me for some reason. Pretty sure there is enough here to make an I.d. or at least get close to something. Both of these were found on the site I hunt behind my house. SE Missouri finds. Might help to look in the south central and east central areas, as well as the north central, since I'm within a stones throw of the boundaries of each. Click image for larger version

Name:	1026180627-1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	327833
    Attached Files
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Click image for larger version

Name:	1026180628b-1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	327835
    Attached Files
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

The top one looks like an Adena narrow blade. The bottom looks like a beat up Adena variant.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        I was strongly considering adena variants myself. Wanted to see if others would be of the same opinion as well. Second one isn't as beat up as it looks in the pic, just not very good picture quality. Thanks for looking and assisting.

BA - Looks like you're doing the same thing I've been doing for the past few weeks - trying to id points with only broken bases to analyze. It's a real challenge especially when you get to the bases that have so many similar characteristics.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Not going to ID but observations . Even though I am in Georgia I am on the Alabama boarder so like you suggesting I always look up that state for ID . I am more into period anyway unless it’s a killer .
        You know that top one I would say made a kill . Look at the dynamics on how that was made . All the pressure being absorbed by that long base ( very cool BTW ) and the thickness of that base . Tip hit a bone maybe .

Comment

Working...
        X