Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARROWHEAD : Lenni-Lenape? - Yadkin Point? - ARROWHEAD

Hello everyone and happy Sunday!

I recently discovered something astonishing! In late March, I was measuring trees to identify their age. While I was measuring a 110 year old tulip popular tree, I looked down to see what I originally

thought was a broken mason jar cap. I was so wrong! I saw that it was triangular and suddenly recognized it as a Native American arrowhead! I photographed exactly where I found it and took the

latitude and longitude coordinates to record the discovery. At the time of the discovery, I knew that the Lenni-Lenape tribe was the prominent tribe of this area. ( Southeastern Pennsylvania) I picked up

the arrowhead and observed that it was made of Quartz and is very thin. That would take some careful knapping! After researching the tribe, I noted that most of the Lenni-Lenape tribe and nearby

tribes came to an end in the 1800s. I compared pictures of similar arrowheads and I believe I have found a yadkin point! I'm assuming that is from the late Woodland period, but I may be incorrect. If

anyone has any information on it, please don't hesitate to post. I am just an avid collector and researcher of local history. Thanks!

It measures 24mm x 20mm x 4mm

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8532.JPG
Views:	572
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	445735

Name:	IMG_8533.JPG
Views:	435
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	445736

Name:	IMG_8534.JPG
Views:	344
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	445737

Very nice! and welcome to the forum.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Really nice triangle point you found there. Keep it safe.
      New Jersey

Comment

Pretty quartz Yadkin!
        North Carolina

Comment

That quality is what we all hope to find really beautiful piece
          NW Georgia,

Comment

ICE! Welcome from Connecticut
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Levanna or Madison is usually the term here in Southeast Pa but yep a woodland period triangle. Beautiful quartz.

Comment

Welcome to our forum Gavin. Yes for sure a dandy point you found. And you've already been told what you found, a late Woodland period point that was used as an arrowhead.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Comment

Nice discovery gavin....that is some really nice material....welcome to the site....nw tn here
                    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Working...
                    X