15 Points / North Central Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Points / North Central Arkansas

UPDATE: my father in law received these from a good friend who stated that he and his grandfather would collect these along the river in Pocahontas, AR and his grandfather kept them until he passed and then he pawned them to my father in law but couldn’t pay the money back in time. Who knows if the story is true but they seem authentic to me... my family has been collecting these in Arkansas for decades.

Not sure if any of these are valuable, but they were given to my father-in-law recently.
    Last edited by josh84r; 11-01-2020, 10:37 PM.

Wow, they look authentic to me. Can't wait to hear what others have to say.
    South Carolina

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.... all the points look modern made to me...✌️
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• UpNorth
        UpNorth commented
        Editing a comment
        The celt is also a modern made reproduction
        Last edited by UpNorth; 11-01-2020, 09:17 PM.

Welcome from Florida,
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Looks like the same color shoe polish/patina on em.

Comment

A nice gift, you should put them in a frame and enjoy them as wall art.

As a couple of other people have mentioned, they look to me to be modern made examples of a range of types (Clovis, Dovetail, Lostlake, Hardin, Plainview, Cache River, maybe Folsom.)
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            They look like the really old style plaster casts. They piece that disturbs me is the paleo drill. I’ve only in my life seen one such piece, of course it was altered by a later NA. The disturbing part is, how would the maker know about such a piece ?

I also agree with them being modern reproductions, every one of them. Welcome from Georgia.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

A nice gift and should be framed by them self and not mixed with points you have found as am sure they are all modern made and you don't want to mix them with authentic items as it will throw doubt on the real ones you find.
            SE IA

Comment

They look a little to perfect, interesting story tho.
              Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

I agree with Oldrocks, don't mix them. Kim
                Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Just thought I’d at a note 📝. Looks like they may have been glued to a frame before there is white stuff on a number of them .

Comment

The white stuff is from a cookie tin that my father in law put them in. I asked the same thing

Comment

Welcome, from Arkansas.
                      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
                      X