A killer base.. but to which point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A killer base.. but to which point?

I found this killer base on my “arrowhead spot” in northeast, Georgia (Elbert County), it’s quartz and as best I can figure would be the base to a Dalton Point or Yadkins? That’s just what I’m gathering from my books and internet sources, but I wanted to see for sure what this base belongs to? Makes me wonder how long it’s been broken.. would’ve been a killer point.

Yadkins are pretty thin need to see cross section of break
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Alexander97
      Alexander97 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m showing what a novice I am, didn’t even think of that. Thanks so much.

• Alexander97
      Alexander97 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m showing what a novice I am, didn’t even think of that. Thanks so much.

The suggestion by Willjo to show us the detail for the break is good. Yakdins and other Woodland period triangle points that may have a incurvate base are thin.. Also, something to show us better the size of the base. From your photo the base maybe an inch or more wide. If so, that may be too large for a Yadkin, although I am not all that familiar with the type. If the base and the side is ground and polished smooth then it suggests the possibility of a Dalton. No way to say what now.

Comment

Working...
    X