Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first arrowhead find and seeking info!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first arrowhead find and seeking info!!!

Hi, I found this arrowhead digging a pool over by Caesars Creek Lake in Ohio. I have no idea how old it is, or if its worth anything, or if its actually an arrow head or something else. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome from Florida..With a 2” wide base it falls into the knife category ...Someone from your area will be along shortly to help with ID...
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Your a little out of my area, but in my neighborhood that would be a Big Sandy type. And a stellar example, at that. I've never bought/sold artifacts. Cant help ya there. AWESOME find.
      Western Kentucky

Comment

Looks like a Big Sandy to me. Could be a Raddatz side notched. I believe the difference has something to do with the notching technique. You can call it an Archaic side notched and cover both bases. Sweet find and a great part of Ohio to be digging pools. I spend many hours at "The Creek" boating, hiking and mountain biking. Welcome to the sickness from up on the Greene/ Clark County line.
        Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Looks like a big sandy to me too, but looks massive next to that quarter
          Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Sweet find... big sandy was my first thought, as well.
            even though I don’t find them up here, in Minnesota.
            a raddatz, which I do find up here is another possibility, however they may not get that big...👍
            Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Very nice, well made point.
              Central Ohio

Comment

Looks Hopewellian to me?
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Nice old blade!

Big Sandy

Ohio Point Types
                  If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

I'm not saying it isn't a Sandy but we do have a point type called a "Kessel". Western Pa into Ohio. Kim
                    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Keeper, save it one day you might have a relative that would enjoy seeing it. When I first started finding I gave some away haven’t seen them since I miss them now
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

Pretty awesome knife!
                        South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                        X