Please identify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please identify

Hi everyone. I found these two in Franklin County, Mississippi. The first one was in a gravel bed in a tributary to a larger creek. I could see the tracks where someone had recently driven a tractor through to improve the natural drainage there. It was right on top.
    The second one was on the bank in the larger creek.
    I didn't include a size reference but the first one is about a quarter and a half tall and kind of thick. The second is about 3/4 that height.
    I was thinking the first one was possibly an arrowhead that didn't get finished? Maybe the second one is a scraper? I really have no idea.

Both look to have been reworked by man from their natural condition. The first one looks to be a preform as you think. The 2nd one looks like a piece that was knocked off of a larger cobble and may have been used as a crude knife. Just my idea of what I think I see. There should be better artifacts in the nearby fields.

Comment

So cool! Thanks for the response!! Can't wait to go back and check out the fields. 🙂

Comment

Just as sailor said… keep at it, more should be found in the area…👍
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Welcome from Florida Rebecca, you surely found an artifact worked into shape by the ancients somewhere back in the eons of time. Good for you, not many folks are that fortunate.
          Floridaboy.

Comment

Welcome! Lovely, just lovely….go get more, Rebecca!
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Agree with all above
              Western Kentucky

Comment

Cool finds!
                SW Connecticut

Comment

2 good solid finds I will be waiting for the next one
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...