Patty Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patty Rock

Found below S.C. Keeowee (ONS)damn at a known village site. Only one of that material in the area. Weird huh?

I wonder what that was used for?
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

What is a patty rock?
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

It's a nice name, nic nack paddy wack, the stone is from a pegmatite somewhere up the Keeowee river, this metamorphic material can be found near Cashiers on the Whitewater river for example. Patty cake you never made any when you were little? Micaeous granite maybe?

Comment

The patty rock or what is it?

Comment

Yes, a strange stone for sure. Paddy stone, eh? As good a name as one I could imagine.

Comment

Its just a sedimentary rock. The layers have broken down irregularly. Cool looking but not an artifact in my opinion.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Not a lot of sedimentary rock in this area, it's from a pegmatite due to the crystal size in the matrix and if you go around Devil's Court House you will see this plate material. White water falls has a lot too, which is on this waterway. Just a strange rock found below Keeowee damn at a known Cherokee village site. No other material like this has been found in the area. The area was settled in the late 1600s so it could be from white settlers.rocks like this don't walk up hill from the river without help. It's just Patty Rock. Its fully metamorphic.

Comment

Working...
                X