Sons find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sons find

My son found this point this past weekend and am having trouble identifying. Leaning towards Dalton greenbrier or quad. What do y'all think? Thanks in advance. Have a buddy that was thinking a reworked big sandy but wanted more opinions

Most likely someone from your area will have an answer, even with just this picture, but usually more pictures with other views, in natural lighting, with something in the picture to know how big it is. There’s no way of knowing it’s size from your photo. Thanks for sharing.
    South Dakota

Comment

If it is small around an inch and hale possibly an Eared Yadkin if bigger possibly a Beaver lake.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Welcome from West Central Florida..👍🇺🇸.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Just shy of 2 3/4" , bevel on one side
          Attached Files

Comment

Boy it is a heck of a lot nicer than I thought from the first pic. Some of the guys from that area will chine in soon.

Comment

Very nice find indeed.
              FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Comment

My son is only 7 years old, this is his 4th point. Told him he's a lot luckier than his old man. My wife is just as lucky...one of the first points she found was a hardaway dalton

Comment

Nice quartz point!

Comment

Even if the exact kind isn't identified would y'all suspect it's paleo period?

Comment

Up here would be beaver lake or quad
                      Wisconsin

Comment

Thanks...that's the first one like it I've seen from this area

Comment

Real nice find my best guess is Dalton Cluster

Comment

I never handled many quartz points but it definitely looks like a Trans Paleo period point or perhaps very Early Archaic. Maybe some kind of Dalton thing. Great find for sure. Looks like it was used as a dart point.

Comment

Super dart Knoll. I hate to ask you for another picture, but a side view would be great. Definitely late to transitional paleo. Kim
                              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
                              X