Not sure what I found?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what I found?

Hey guys, can anyone I'D these? Both were found on the same gravel bar on my property in Leflore Co. OK. They look like bone, feel like stone, sound like ceramic. I found these several months apart. Thanks!

Parts of a porcelain doll?
    South Carolina

Comment

• Stansbery
      Stansbery commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say the second pic is definitely a doll arm.

It's organic whatever it is. I don't think it is porcelain.

Comment

Here is more pics. Does fossilized bone look light colored like this? It's hard like stone, it's lightweight.

Comment

touch yer tounge on the broken end see if it sticks to yer tongue..if so possibly bone.
        Utah

Comment

Ok, did the tongue test.😝 I think I am leaning with Narrow Way. I believe after really looking them over that they may be very old pieces of ceramic or pottery. The one has texture that resembles animal hair, and looks to be leg with a hoof. The other piece looks like a doll shoulder. Thanks!

Comment

Here's what I was thinking...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	image_150370~2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	677333
            South Carolina

Comment

i found a broken up doll at a old homestead site. mine was a little shiner.. i do believe your correct.
              Utah

Comment

Yep, thanks guys! The real glory goes to my wife Karen who found the arrowhead on the profile pic.. We are newbies having fun......

Comment

• Narrow Way Knapper
                  Narrow Way Knapper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's great that you are enjoying the hunt together. 😊

They are not Porcelain they are Bisque. Much softer than Porcelain and yes used in to early 19th and 20th century in doll making. Bisque was a cheaper material and used to make many things. My dad collects Bisque pieces and has many and that's how I know this. Here is what I think you have pieces of. Notice how the arms are connected. K
                Click image for larger version

Name:	sdhkujk.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	677530
                Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Yes sir, I see what you are saying. Oh thank you for the reply! This is so much fun.....

Comment

Working...
                  X