Beginner with lots to learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner with lots to learn

Here's a few artifacts that I have found in Louisiana.  Any help with ID or what period they are from would be welcomed.  I'm not sure if the last photo is a point or just a rock.

Welcome to the forum Labelle. I have been at this a long time and I still have a lot to learn. I know very little about point types from your area but we should have someone that does.
    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Another welcome Labelle from Connecticut. I too have lots to learn and thisd is a  good place to do so! I don't know your point types for your area either but the fourth pic looks like a Gary point.That would make that point late Archaic to Woodland period meaning it's 1000 to 4000 years old, congrats!
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

Welcome to AH.com and I am also out of your area to type your points. Learning is an ongoing and always changing, and I still have a lot to learn.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome LaBelle.  I live in Jennings on I10 between lake Charles -and- Lafayette. 
          Where do you live?
          I too look forward to our more knowledgeable folks to inlighten us. 
          It will help if you can tell us where in La. you found them.
          Sometimes points that look the same have different names depending where they came from.
          i'll take a stab at the first one -and- last ones being a knives -and- the third a Kent.
          The 4th maybe an Epps that had the tip broken then rechipped.
          I'm looking at Overstreets 12th Edition.
          My fingers are crossed! :unsure: A little knowledge can be very dangerous!  :lol:

Comment

Thank you for the welcome and the replies.  I live in northeast Louisiana known around here as red hill, about a 30 minute drive to Poverty Point. Most of my pasts finds are from surface hunting on plowed fields.  Currently I am enjoying digging on our own property.   
            The last point is petrified wood.  I wasn't sure if it was a point or not, but it looks cool so I kept it.  Thanks for the insight on what I have so far.

Comment

Working...
            X