Worked Or Just Quartzite/Agate rocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worked Or Just Quartzite/Agate rocks?

Found rockhounding in Southern Utah in a huge agate field. Have these two pieces been worked? If so a perform or scraper? Click image for larger version

Name:	20240107_105515.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	927.4 KB
ID:	714716 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240107_105438.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	714717 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240107_104848.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	2.24 MB
ID:	714718
    Attached Files

To me the two pictured together appear to have been worked and some in the big group do also but others in the big group look like the result of something being worked, waste flakes. That’s some nice looking material. I just zoomed in on the bottom picture and I would have had a hernia from hauling most of those home with me.
    Last edited by JEBMs; 01-07-2024, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Susie
      Susie commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha, I agree, hernia time happened for me too! I was blown away by the amount of material and didn't know where to start. I'm definitely going back soon. Thanks for your share!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1808.png
Views:	202
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	714743 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1809.png
Views:	199
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	714744 These are 2 of the many that caught my eye for a closer look to see if they were artifacts. Maybe a double ended point on the left and a drill/perforator in the right picture. I’m afraid I would bring knee pads back and do some serious, up close and personal rock flipping.

Comment

Thanks Susie. They do looked worked. That last Picture is something, lots of possibilities. It would drive me crazy because I like to turn over everything, I wonder how deep the material goes. It may be a workshop. Kim
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• Susie
        Susie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Kim. Yes, I am the same way! I did go crazy not able to decide where to start flipping!

Thanks for all the comments. This is a field of at least 10 acres or more of material. It's overwhelming!

Comment

Working...
      X