Found near Flagstaff, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found near Flagstaff, AZ

I found this point in the foot hills of the San Fransico Mountains several years ago. This was a surface find that also had pottery shards scatterd about. The dorsal has oblique parallel flaking. It is very thin and has a slight twist to the blade. Any ideas of point type or age? Thanks for looking.

Thanks for all the looks. No guesses on point type? Do you think this is a true arrowhead or a thin dart point? My girlfriend at the time was getting her masters degree from Northern Arizona U (30 odd years ago). She showed the point to some archeology folks at the Universtiy and they said they had not seen a point like this. I was cutting fire wood when I found this point. Went through that area about 2 years ago with my son when we did a rim to rim hike in the Grand Canyon. So much has been built I did not even recognize the area anymore.

Comment

Looks kind of Dalton-ish. That would be much older than any of the pottery though. Is it beveled one side of each face of the distal? If not possibly Ensor culture.
      FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Comment

It's a Desert Delta Side Notched arrow point

Comment

Working...
        X