Banded Chert Arrowhead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banded Chert Arrowhead?

Hi, I’m new to this site. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about this piece. I found it yesterday in my backyard. I live in Genesee County, Michigan. We just had a tornado here a couple weeks ago so maybe it was moved and dropped in my yard. My sister posted it on FB with her rock collectors group and they say it’s a Banded Chert Arrowhead. Any thoughts would be appreciated

Thank you!

Liz

Nice looking material on that Blade. That is cool that it was dropped in your yard by a tornado. Wonder if it was in a collection in a house/building that was obliterated by the twister?

Comment

Thanks…and that could very well be, there was a large storage warehouse about 1/2 mile down the street that got ripped in half.

Comment

The different colored lines running horizontally is what makes it a “banded” chert. As for the damage on the right hand side it’s hard to say if that was an impact fracture or a manufacturing defect but the point you have is in the ‘nearly’ finished stage in my opinion. That’s a very nice material

Comment

I have a banded chert small blade that is also "broken but beautiful". Great piece. I love when there is such beautiful pattern.

Comment

Working...
          X