Pretty rock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty rock.

Found this today. I'm stumped. I found a new site here. We dug in an irrigation ditch and I started seeing artifacts and in the dirt. Found several nice tools. No points yet. Obvious camp. I thought I would metal detect with my new detector, just to see if anything showed up. This set it off with a really high tone. It looked like a brown the rock until we got it home and Maddie got in after it with a tooth brush. Lots of color. It's amazingly heavy for it's size. 12.3 oz. They must have thought it special, as I'm assuming they picked it up. I'd really opinions on what it is.
    Judith Basin, Montana

copper.
    Utah

Comment

Looks like cobalt is found in Montana and those gold crystals look like pyrite. Did a search to see if those and smbore’s answer of copper are ever found together, and someone’s selling a raw piece of “cobalt copper pyrite” on etsy. Maybe that’s what you have? The seller is “MTmineral Treasures” so maybe from Montana?

This Rocks & Geodes item is sold by MTMineralTreasures. Ships from Butte, MT. Listed on Jan 24, 2024
      Last edited by BoilerMike; 03-19-2024, 10:49 PM.
      Central Indiana

Comment

• DoobieWah
        DoobieWah commented
        Editing a comment
        And THAT folks is why we come here.

• DoobieWah
        DoobieWah commented
        Editing a comment
        And THAT is why we come here.

Could be Azurite a weathered copper ore .
      Wyoming

Comment

The blue does look like azurite.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Find it in utah as well.
          Last edited by smbore; 03-20-2024, 10:28 AM.
          Utah

Comment

Thanks guys.! Copper would explain why it set off the detector. Love this site for the wealth of knowledge the collective brings.
            Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Working...
            X