X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLAKING IDENTIFACATION

I THINK A GOOD FORUM FOR EDUCATION
    WOULD BE HELPING ID THE MANY FLAKING STYLES OF ANCIENT ARTIFACTS
    I KNOW IT GETS CONFUSING BUT ITS SOMTHING I STILL NEED ALOT OF STUDY IN AND IS A MAJOR FACTOR IN AUTHENTICATION AND IDENTIFICATION
    AND WITH NAMES LIKE RANDOM, OBLIQUE, LATERAL, COLLATERAL, TRANSVERSE, PARALELL AND FIFTY COMBINATIONS OF THEM ALL :blink:WOULD BE A GOOD HELP TOPIC :side:

Matt - Like the idea.  Would be nice to see both a narrative and pics.  I seem to relate better to pics.  The OS guide has a graphic representation of the different flaking types but they never seem to be that clear when you look at the actual artifact.  And, as you say, there are soooo many variations.  ---Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Try arrowheads1.com/ click on Flint Reductin Primer on right side of screen. Some good info. might help.Joe.

Comment

Matt - I checked out the site arrowheads1.com that Joe Roy rec'd and it has a real good pictoral drawing of the different types of flaking.  Much better than in Overstreet or at Lithics.com.  Might want to check it out.  ---Chuck
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

THANKS FOR THE HELP   !

Comment

Working...
          X