Rock Look-alike Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Look-alike Contest

How about this idea- Have you ever found a rock that looks like something, for example an eagle's head (side profile)and had it painted to portray that? I want to post that very example as soon as my dumb camera battery recharges.Some rocks that look like something are better off not to be painted.Some examples I have are: a baboon head (you just knew that was coming-seen every day,right?)a submarine, a papoose, letters from the alphabet-either the entire rock looks like a letter or there might be a naturally formed letter somewhere on the rock i.e. the letter "C".My little nephew once found rocks that spelled out his name: PHILIP,or rocks shaped like little tombstones or ghosts to make a nice little graveyard. Just an idea that I think would be fun.

Post them, we will take a look.
    Jack

Comment

Here my thumb rock

Here my Sufi Holy Man Rock

Here my Ghost Point

:blink: B)  :woohoo:
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Like the thumb! Thats what mine looks like every time I pick up a hammer! :S  I can see the ghost too!

Comment

Those are wild.
          Jack

Comment

To cool Tom!!! Those are awesome, agree with Jack the thumb rock is out of this world, and I have too made mine look like that with a hammer! Now I use a brad nailer and only suffer puncture wounds but no swelling!! LOL-Bill

Comment

Mark you don't see that ghost? Maybe not ghost but the face in the rock. Just a little imagination Joe.

Comment

Ya Joe! Said I do see it! And tell it to quit looking at me! :blink:

Comment

Hey ya'll - this could get interesting REEEAAAALLLL quick.  That thumb is awesome and Yep can see the ghost or whatever it is that's trapped in that arrowhead.  Tom - If that were mine - I wouldn't want to keep it in the house.  I'll take it offn yur hands if'n yur skeerd!! BTW Bill - stick with the brad nailer - I was using a finish nailer with 2' nails not long ago and shot one thru my thumb.  My co-worker had to cut the long end off and pull the rest of it out the bottem.  Whew-  I gotta stay away from nails.
                    :woohoo: ---Chuck
                  Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

OK when I get a new camera battery I will post them soon.

Comment

What do you say - the winner of the rock look alike contest will receive that thumb rock- which looks so unbelievably real!!!!

Comment

HOLY MOLEY!!These are totally amazing. But so far which one would be the best-I mean you have the thumb which almost looks fake it's so real looking,then to imagine the Suffi yep he's in there, but best yet you have a two-in-one- an actual artifact with a freakin ghost face killa!Now think about it.The person who made that originally-I bet that point would have killed a dumb T-Rex.(snicker)

Comment

Too Funny Guys!! lol I saw that thumb and thought "Whoa! Frostbite!" then realized it was a rock! Then you got the hammer out! lol That was good! Very cool rocks, I have several "look alikes" myself, and I bet Pam and the "White Bison" will be here soon! Post it again Pam!

Comment

Here my poopoo rock.

:woohoo:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: :woohoo:
                            Professor Shellman
                            Tampa Bay

Comment

Tom, Did you poke it with a stick before ya picked it up! :X

Comment

Working...
                              X