Heartbreak Showcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbreak Showcase

I was putting up pieces in the organizer when I saw her again inch: I found her last summer in Sequoya Co. OK. Made of grey Boone chert. Every time I pull her out I remember how I felt. I just wanted someone to console me. Looking at it again today I came up with a suggestion for the site. Maybe these crippled beauties can have a spotlight for a min. here :kiss:

Maybe have a Heartbreaker of the month contest where members can vote. That would help heal the pain I think.

I have a few I am sick over! Here is one.

Here is a couple more.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I feel your pain. I could show off several dozen that would be contenders for my suggestion. I don't want clutter the forums with heart breaks and I feel that The almost museum quality ones could be still admired. What do you think about it?

Comment

I agree that first point I posted is one of my all time favorite finds. Yes broken but still admired.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Brian I have always seen anciently broken points in an entirely different way than "heartbreakers". The Indians made those things to be used. A broken personal find always has an interesting story to tell and that is why they are an imporant part of a collection.
          It also makes the intact and really well made beautiful ones we have found or will find, so much more precious to us. In other words it's all good!

Comment

Bill wrote:

Brian I have always seen anciently broken points in an entirely different way than "heartbreakers". The Indians made those things to be used. A broken personal find always has an interesting story to tell and that is why they are an imporant part of a collection.
            It also makes the intact and really well made beautiful ones we have found or will find, so much more precious to us. In other words it's all good!
            agreed    I am thankful for every base, chip or tip I find         but   have to admit     some of those hurt worse than others  :dry:

Comment

a couple   let downs         the one looked to be a corner tang knife   with   no tang and no tip     
              other is   trans-paleo looking

Comment

This Friday in my collection was dug by Bill Arnould and part of a cache of 6. He hit this one with a pick and shattered the edge off, now that is a heart breaker. Made of Blue Georgetown flint.

Jack

Comment

Bill,
                  Thanks for the perspective that you gave. I guess the road runner wouldn't be the same without the coyote right?
                  Jack that Friday is exactly what I'm referring to here. I think a place to tell that tell and show that piece would be beneficial.

The fluted top center piece was hit by a "ditch witch" i was running. The base half remained intact but the tip half went into about 12 different pieces. DANG the bad luck right!!!

Comment

I uploaded some today to my profile 

Comment

One from this year. Neuberger I believe.
                      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I am in the middle of moving so I did not have what I wanted to share with you all    will post pictures here soon

Comment

Working...
                        X