Odd Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Message

Not complaining, just reporting an odd result. I go to a thread on the front of the forum page, spend some time there, leave, go elsewhere on the forum, a different thread, or just the forum home page, then I return to the original thread, and this message appears. If I then go to the category in which the original thread was located, and click on the title of the thread in the list of threads, I can get back to the original thread. Anyway, just thought I'd report this glitch should others notice the same thing....

Click image for larger version

Name:	AB28D849-5BDE-4972-939B-470B5CF9D816-13553-000004375B5E59E9.png
Views:	111
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	407720

Rhode Island

I have run across that as well from time to time.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Thanks Charlie

Normally that's an indication that you have previously found a page using the forum search function and may get this message if you depart from that page and attempt to return to it using the 'back' button rather than the forum menu functions. The cache that holds the search results is cleared pretty quickly (10 or 15 minutes maybe, depending on how extensive your search), so the forum software is just saying it can't get back to that page by retracing your steps. You'll also get that message if you try to share search results with other users more than 1 hour after your search.

It's an information message not an error message, so nothing to worry about... but good to know.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Roger. I had never run into that one before.....
    Working...
    X