Unapproved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unapproved

Just posted a reply and the message in a green box shows "unapproved"...????
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

What thread? Hal's museum thread? It isn't showing as unapproved.
    Last edited by gregszybala; 07-23-2020, 12:14 PM.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
      Rio Del Norte commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Hals thread, it was there when I posted...

From time to time, certain combinations of words or phrases seem to be auto-detected by the forum as 'suspicious'. I don't think we ever got to the bottom of why. On the old forum such phrases contained perfectly innocent ordinary words but which happened to be words used in SQL computer programming language and perceived by the forum software as unauthorised attempts to hack data or whatever. Words like 'select' for example, in combination with certain other words. I think something similar happens on the new forum, resulting in the post being referred to Mods for approval.

In that case, we (Mods) get a little red flag notice. When I get those flags I just take a quick look at the content and approve the post without alerting anyone to to this. It's just a random, but infrequent occurrence not worthy of any further attention. I probably do this 2 or 3 times in a month. I expect other Mods do the same.
    Last edited by painshill; 07-23-2020, 02:06 PM.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
X