Help needed. Can someone contact arrowheadology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed. Can someone contact arrowheadology

And get on touch with someone who can approve my membership. I've tried emailing the webmaster, everyone. I sure would appreciate it. My email is below. Tried for months, if this doesn't work, screw'm

I not sure what is going on. Its always been easy to get on.
    Jack

Comment

They're in the middle of a large upgrade and have been slow confirming new accounts lately.....your not alone.
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

They could learn a thing or two from this site. Thank you for the info.

Comment

TatankaBlanka, the upgrade Chris mentioned was just this weekend, so you should not have been finding it impossible for months. On another forum, I could not register with Internet Explorer,for months, but got right on using the Google Chrome browser. It's none of my business, but since this is a public site, you might want to edit out your email addy for all the world to see. Then again, I was probably born paranoid :laugh:
          Rhode Island

Comment

They took their sweet time approving me too when I first signed up.  They take their time approving people because they want to make sure your not a bot that is going to spam the site.
            I used my Connecticutarrowheads email address and I waited and waited then I changed to a gmail account   and within a few  days I was on. Could be their seeing your email address as a spamming threat, or like Chris says it maybe just the upgrade.
            Good Luck
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

i didnt have much luck either.ill givem another 6 months

Comment

Hoss wrote:

They took their sweet time approving me too when I first signed up.  They take their time approving people because they want to make sure your not a bot that is going to spam the site.
                I used my Connecticutarrowheads email address and I waited and waited then I changed to a gmail account   and within a few  days I was on. Could be their seeing your email address as a spamming threat, or like Chris says it maybe just the upgrade.
                Good Luck
                  Interesting. I also registered with a gmail account, and I don't remember any wait at all. I think I remember getting on right then and there, but it was awhile ago. TNet was the forum that I couldn't register on using IE.
                Rhode Island

Comment

I used gmail and it took me forever. Finally someone I know from another forum let those that be know and I got on the site. I was told they get spammed alot so they use (filters?) to scan over registration names and they can be rejected.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

It's a nightmare. Easier to join a Masonic lodge. Following up with Emails to confirm a genuine non-spam address (this is recommended in the help notes on the site) made no difference at all. They don't seem to manually review new registrations. There seems to be an overly-rigorous automatic spam filter in place. Assistance from existing members posting in the help section on my behalf didn't make any difference either. Just kept trying and following up with Emails to the admin team each time. Took me multiple attempts made continuously over about three weeks.
                    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Well, I had to check to see if my registration really was an exception to this wait and wait some more rule. I remember registering on arrowheadology as well as here at AH.com at roughly the same time. I'm shown here as having joined on 7/3/10 and I received an "account activated" notice from arrowheadology on 7/2/10 so I guess their spam filter felt I was golden :laugh:
                      Rhode Island

Comment

After reading this I thought I would try to open an account. Interestingly enough I was in within 2 minutes. Guess I have an honest looking user name?

Comment

It took me emailing the admin through the site. I feel more at home at this site for some reason even though I don't personally know anyone, and now their new upgrades make that site even harder to navigate with a smart phone.

Comment

CoachG wrote:

It took me emailing the admin through the site. I feel more at home at this site for some reason even though I don't personally know anyone, and now their new upgrades make that site even harder to navigate with a smart phone.
                              No, they turned on their new mobile phone functionality and it is a breeze to use. Also, they have a new instant registration system. You can get signed up in 2 minutes.

Comment

If you are using the same username you use here, that is probably a contributing factor - it looks suspiciously like the random strings of letters spambots try to register with.  My only complaint is that I wish Shannon and Big Ed would let us mods help them screen new members; with just two people doing it it's a very slow process.  Tom Clark and I have done it for PROS for years!

Comment

Working...
                              X