X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerline Cuts?

Dont hunt them unless you want disease!

http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Never tried that Josh. They are in the process of installing a 36" pipeline from Canada to not sure where, but it runs through the counties here. They scraped off all the topsoil (give or take a 50' wide strip)and it looks like they will be putting it all back come spring. Runs through some areas that look likely for finding. I'll be on some of those!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Yes, and usually you will be thrown out or busted.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

That happen to you Tom?
        Are they right of ways with total control by the power companies or right of ways that the land owner still controls there? Here it's land owner 1st, power Co. 2nd.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

In the flatlands, the right-of-ways may not be of much help as they could go straight as an arrow. Here in the hills, those towers follow the swamps and creeks from hilltop to hilltop tower, and there can be sites along them for many miles. I have hunted fifteen or twenty miles along one transmission line for many years, and every tower field is a site on a hill. Then they started no-till farming and quit plowing all fields, and the fun ended over ten years ago.

Comment

Thanks for filling me in on the idea!

Comment

No thank you! Uh uh, Nope!

Introduction: By increasing population of the world, towns are expanding, many buildings construct near high voltage overhead power transmission lines. The increase of power demand has increased t…

Rhode Island

Comment

Great reply! I have heard of people living next to power lines having a greater risk of cancer! Thanks for that post. hmy:
                And thats not the only risk according to the other link. Kind of scarey, think i will just hunt somewhere else!

Comment

JoshinMO wrote:

Great reply! I have heard of people living next to power lines having a greater risk of cancer! Thanks for that post. hmy:
                  And thats not the only risk according to the other link. Kind of scarey, think i will just hunt somewhere else!
                    I removed the first link because it was about the effects on people who work on and maintain power lines. Yeah, there are safer environments for head hunting!
                  Rhode Island

Comment

Josh, I think in fairness I should point out not everyone agrees there are harmful effects:

"The World Health Organization (WHO) has done numerous studies on the potential health affects on humans from electromagnetic fields. A summary of their study says, "Everyone is exposed to a complex mix of weak electric and magnetic fields, both at home and at work, from the generation and transmission of electricity, domestic appliances and industrial equipment, to telecommunications and broadcasting."
                    Low-frequency electric fields, if sufficiently large, could cause stimulation of nerves and muscles or affect other biological processes. WHO does offer this cautionary note about their studies when they say, "It is not disputed that electromagnetic fields above certain levels can cause biological affects."
                    Experiments using healthy volunteers show that short-term exposure at the levels present in the environment or in the home do not cause any apparent detrimental affects, the report goes on to say.
                    Both electric and magnet fields induce voltages and currents in the body. Even while standing directly underneath a high voltage transmission line, the induced currents are far below any level that could result in electric shock, the WHO report states.
                    A wide variety of symptoms reported by individuals seem to blame the exposure to electromagnetic fields. The reported symptoms frequently include headaches, anxiety, suicide, depression, anxiety and loss of libido.
                    But conclusions reached in the WHO studies regarding human electromagnetic hypersensitivity indicate that "scientific evidence does not support a link between these symptoms and exposure to EMF."
                    *Do electromagnetic fields cause cancer?
                    "Despite many studies, the evidence for any effect remains highly controversial. If electromagnetic fields do have any effect on cancer, then any increase in risk will be extremely small," the WHO study says.
                    The World Health Organization says, "The focus of current and future international research is being directed towards the study of EMF in relation to cancer at both power line and radiofrequency voltages." While at a reduced level compared to a decade ago, the research into any possible cancer-producing effect continues."
                    ---------------
                    All things considered, I would avoid them; seem to be in that shadowy area where nobody is really sure....
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Still, maybe better safe than sorry, thanks though.

Comment

I think you should ask Geezer77 he works on High Tension Power Distribution Lines. He is in TN so he knows the rules of the rd here but he may have more info on other stuff too.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Another group with an agenda crying "wolf" ! Stay out from under those power lines, I'll hunt them for you !

Comment

I am with Butch. Growing up in CT there was Powerlines through town. and one field I hit pretty regular had a tower smack dab in the middle of it. My cousin found a broken Celt at the base of that thing. Kept us going back Last time I went home they were still plowing it. . I also used to put my Tree Stand about fifteen feet off a Power line cut in Oxford CT and did well there for several years. That was CT and the rule was Land Owner first applied they just posted the towers and wanted people to keep off them.
                            One unlucky kid I went to High School with Burned up on one. But it was not cancer it was being a care free kid that got him. May he Rest in Peace.
                            Remember if you do decide to go use protection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I hunt a site under power lines. The crackling/sizzling sound is unnerving.

Comment

Working...
                              X