Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

creeks, cultivated ground, and digging questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never got started on the new trenches as the weather has been cold and wet or I have been working on other projects.
    Out of my 30 foot trench I found 5 complete points, 7 brokes, and about 20 tools.
    Of the points I found
    Three were side notched  one was 1.5" long another was 2" long the other about 1.75". I also found 1 un-notched blade about 2" long and a small corne notched woodland point that is about 1/2 long. of the tools I found notable are 1 flint hammer stone, 3 scrapers and 2 hand held choppers.

Comment

complete points from that dig.

Comment

I tell you, your on one heck of a multi component site ! I've saw indicators from every time period thru your posts, your apt to find anything from Clovis to fine hardstone, and everything in between. Your one lucky feller. ..! I really like that corner notch!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Well if  you ever take the notion to come take a look around, just holler.
          It is really a ideal place to live. three sources of Running water within 500 feet, three natural intersecting game shutes, it is flat and surrounded by lower ground that is hard to navigate. And the ground itself doesnt hold water so the insects arent that bad when the wind blows.

Comment

Way to go man, it sure sounds like a lot of hard work but seems to be paying off for ya..
            My liberty and freedoms are not yours to give or take!.... They didn\'t make us free we were born free, as long as we have the 2nd amendment we will remain free!

Comment

hvs wrote:

Way to go man, it sure sounds like a lot of hard work but seems to be paying off for ya..
                Now that I haven't been doing it for awhile it seems worth it. Those points would probably have been destroyed by the disk if I hadn't dug them.
              But when I was doing it, it sucked. :rolf:
              I am going to build a set up with rollers. Pushing 20-30 pounds of dirt back and forth, wood on wood, is for the birds.

Comment

Nice to the finds!  but I'll save the digging for you young bucks
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Just show me the spot you are saving for me, and I'll come dig it up. but if you want a pool dug, there had better be grape coolaide and cookies. :crazy:  :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X