Big Blow Coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Blow Coming!

Okay you coastal hunters, big blows are coming to both the East Coast & Pacific NW this weekend. Forecast for the NC Outer Banks is for winds 50+ with coastal flooding & high winds with tidal flooding for the Chesapeake Bay. Surf will be booming & churning up the bottom.
    2-3 days after this storm would be ideal to hunt artifacts washed out by the waves & tides. Takes that long for anything that lay buried to wash ashore. Next week should be great for us sand & marsh walkers. Happy hunting!
    Child of the tides

I know you have your gear out .
    Happy Hunting my ocean Buddie . I can’t wait to see your posts .
    Ill keep checking NOAA for the information they put out .
    lucky !!!!!
    I absolutely love walking a storm . Not the winds or lightening .

Comment

Hi Tam, 50+ mph winds with gusts to 60 aren't very conducive to beach walks! Tides will completely cover the beach. It's afterwards that I look forward to a long walk & hunt. Wish you were here too!
      Child of the tides

Comment

Good luck hope lots of points, beautiful shells, and tons of fossilized teeth show up. Oh yea can't forget the sea glass. At least have some fun and you never know!
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what you find Deb!
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Oh Lord, be careful!

*and have fun!
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Yep Debs on it !!!
              I like what Jethro said ... Have fun
              but be careful , you know your area .

Comment

• Havenhunter
                Havenhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Tam, I'm actually down at the beach house on the Outer Banks to take a furniture delivery. Of all days! Winds are starting to pick up & I really wonder if they'll come. Schools closed Friday.

Hope The Weather isn't too terrible but Good Luck.
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

In all the years I've been coming down here I've never seen the Currituck Sound looking like the ocean. One gust nearly took me down but I was saved by a guy standing nearby. Gusts of 50mph and building this afternoon. When we get the backside of the storm and the winds switch around, the ocean is expected to get 20 foot waves. That's tomorrow. Will try to get pics.
                Child of the tides

Comment

WoW! Awesome pics!
                  Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Hunker down time

Comment

Well, it was quite the big blow at that. Lost our power yesterday afternoon. Expecting it back, but may take a couple of weeks by the sounds of things.
                      Rhode Island

Comment

• Havenhunter
                        Havenhunter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Charlie, y'all got slammed! The Outer Banks is expecting major soundside flooding this evening at high tide. Ocean is riled this morning. Took some pics I'll post later.

• CMD
                        CMD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow, power back on! That was our fastest recovery ever. Only out for about 24 hours, even though they told me it would be quite a wait. More power outages then Sandy, or the big storm last October. The lighthouse nearby did record hurricane strength gusts. A house a few streets over was destroyed when a huge tree basically cut one end of the house right off.

Went down to the beach this morning before driving home. Promised some pics of the ocean side of Kitty Hawk. It was a white knuckle drive home over the bridges.

Child of the tides

Comment

• CMD
                        CMD commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, we had a big semi tip over on the Newport Bridge, shutting it down to trucking from that point. Luckily, the bridge has a median wall, or drivers in the opposite lanes would have been hurt....

Nice Photos Deb! What's more dangerous, Jaws or those Wave's?
                      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

If you look close you can see that churning up in those rips . Wish I could walk those the next day .

Comment

Working...
                        X