how are they there???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how are they there???

heres one of my best spots. I dnt understand where they come from though. Thats a big spring down below that never goes dry. I find them
    all over the hillside, but its so steep, u cnt hardly stand up. Its actually kinda scarry lookin it. We find nothing near the top, only about midways
    and down to the spring. And thats another pic of me on top so u can see how tall it is. Any ideas on where they originate from would b great!

headhunter85 wrote:

heres one of my best spots. I dnt understand where they come from though. Thats a big spring down below that never goes dry. I find them
    all over the hillside, but its so steep, u cnt hardly stand up. Its actually kinda scarry lookin it. We find nothing near the top, only about midways
    and down to the spring. And thats another pic of me on top so u can see how tall it is. Any ideas on where they originate from would b great!
      A very interesting location. I know for a fact I would be spending a lot
    of time scrutinizing those great looking gravel/rock bars. I can almost
    guarantee there will be artifacts on those bars.

Comment

if u r finding them about half way down I would think that the origanal spot is caved in and was on top of that bluff at one time
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

ya i cnt quite figure it out for sure. When we goin g10?

Comment

we find alot of roughs and brokes on those gravel bars, but the quality stuff comes from that washed out hill side

Comment

headhunter85 wrote:

we find alot of roughs and brokes on those gravel bars, but the quality stuff comes from that washed out hill side
              You keep hunting those gravel bars and you will eventually come up with some fine artifacts.

Comment

I would look closer near the mouth of the natural spring also. Sounds like a great place, natural springs that don't dry up would be a great campsite for anybody.  Good Hunting and am sure you will find an amazing piece there eventually.

Comment

I agree with G10, they are coming off the top along with the trees. land slide. good place to overlook. That is how most pcs. get in the creek anyway.

Comment

headhunter85 wrote:

ya i cnt quite figure it out for sure. When we goin g10?
                  LOL I am fixing to leave in just a little bit ,,,, I have an awesome place not to far from you
                  As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                  NW Arkansas

Comment

Man that looks like a good spot.  Hundreds and thousands of years change topography quite a bit. It's hard to imagine how much erosion has taken place over time.  I'm with G10, there may have been a cave or overhang that served as a shelter at one time that collapsed.  I know I'd be spending all my free time there.  There will be stuff in that creek, gravity works.  Thanks for the pics, I'm drooling in my coffee.
                    Rick, East Central Missouri

Comment

ok im ready, just tell me where to meet u..... Lol. Im fixin to head out myself, a little creek walkin at first, then mayb a lil scratchin

Comment

Man, thats a good lookin spot...

Comment

That is a great spot...and I agree...you are going to eventually find some excellent pieces on those sand/gravel bars...just keep lookin'!!!....of course if you would rather not, I will be available, anytime...lol :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                          X