flippin sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flippin sticks

I would like to know what kind of sticks some of you all use. I use a quantum, abu garcia and a swing rite (half fishin poles and a golf club).Lite weight sticks easy to carry, soft handle and for precision flipping of flint. Also graphite and fiberglass have a distinct feel when touching rocks. I have worn out a bunch of them. :woohoo:

I like the natural as did our native ancestors so I find a beaver dam and cause the beavers like to chew off small undergrowth as well as trees, I find myself a couple of stout beaver hewn "sticks". They make perfect flippin sticks and every one is unique!

Comment

I also use beaver sticks. I pick them up when I find a good one but I have used the same one for a lot of years.
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Me. too lazy to carry a stick, I just keep bending over. Figure at my age better keep doing it as long as I can!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Well my old standby was a ski pole. I did carry a maple tree sapling for a time that had a vine grown into it and it spiraled like a cork screw. In 1984 this one here was given to me. MY Ex had it made by some guy   in Guilford CT. She thought to do this  because the Maple one I broke. I never really wanted to use this. I was afraid I was going to break it. I finally broke down around 1997 and started using it and it has been my lucky stick ever since.
          It is made of red cedar heart wood.

TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

awesome stick. I knew thee is stuff like that around

Comment

Working...
            X