Need some hunting advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some hunting advice

My creek is a big creek where I live, its definitely been around awhile, I've found some points in it so I know ancient man lived around it, but I can't find any evidence of camps, just a point every once in awhile, there has to be camps around but i cant find chert coming out of the banks anywhere, and flakes, chert, and evidence is harder to find than the points themselves. So I guess what I'm getting at is, in the whole creek, there is no evidence of long term camps, yet I know there has to be at least one or two along it, just need help locating where the points could be coming from, I know the basics, but I'm still stuck. Below is a picture of everything found in a many years span, notice how little debitage I've found.
    Thanks, Connor
    Attached Files

You have found some great stuff! That big grinding bowl pretty heavy lug around; maybe campsite near it…
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Yep, that metate had not traveled far! CC is right

Comment

A bend in the creek is a good spot . On the high side if there is one . A flat area that could accommodate large groups and also if there is a draw ,or creek that intersects with one another is an excellent spot. Drainage areas that flow into the creek could have had a seeping Water source /spring during summer times when the creek was dry . All you need is a #2 shovel and some screen/1/4” hardware cloth and you’ll find out real fast where the camp sites area

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, I been digging my coupla acres years, and have gazillion tools but only two points. WillJo suggested prolly campsite, tho never dug up remnants of fire pit (I think that’s under neighbor’s dirt!). We have old deep creek runs thru neighborhood (unfortunately not thru own property), dumps out manmade pond belongs to us all before running on. And who knows, maybe Savannah River now coupla miles away closer few thousand yrs ago….
          Last edited by Cecilia; 07-30-2023, 11:26 AM.
      Working...
      X