A little help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little help?

I live in Texas and just started hunting 2 weeks ago and I’ve found 3 full pieces and 2 broken pieces I I don’t really know what I should be looking for as far as clues on landmarks I guess like how do I know where camp is or could be or was please help.

I'm from Pa. Arrow finder, but hunting is pretty much the same all over. First thing to know is what types of material was used in your area. It will take a little research on your part. Look in the "More About Lithics" forum here on our site that may help. Familiarize yourself with the colors of your areas materials, than keep your eyes pealed for those colors and materials. There are many different types of sites. Cultural sites are where semi permanent camps were. Here you will find lots of material flakes as well as Axes, Hoes, Celts, and tools of many kinds. Hunting sites will have points and some tools for butchering. There are fish camps, summer camps, winter camps and other camps that were used during long distance traveling. The key is to study the ways of life of the native people and ask questions like you have. Others from your area may chime in to give you more info. on your area. Good luck and keep your eyes on the ground because you never know where you might find an Artifact. Thanks for asking, Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

You live goldmine! Lotsa Texas folk here, they will help
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Get this book Click image for larger version

Name:	F9B1D334-1E5A-4C5E-8D1D-02FE43745EFC.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	860.8 KB
ID:	702053
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...