"Best" state for finding arrowheads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Best" state for finding arrowheads?

A lifelong fantasy of mine (not yet realized) is hunting for arrowheads. I've got a little time off work and am willing to travel to find a productive area. So, realizing that most people don't want to give up their favorite spots (completely understandable), what state(s) and areas of the country seem to be the most productive? Any help in my zeroing in on an area would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum AHead.....Connecticut certainly has it's own arrowheads but it is hard hunting here! I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on your question.....but I would have to say either Tx. or Mo. if I had the time and dinero to make the trips! Again, every State has artifacts to discover...and welcome again too!
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

Don't forget about Kentucky too....

Comment

Forget Illinois, I have already picked em all up LOL!
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I see where some people do pretty good at pay digs.
            http://www.austindiggers.com/paydigs.html
          I've never tried that, I'm a surface hunter from RI. The states mentioned are high on anybody's list I'd say. I'd like to hunt sand blowouts in any western plains terrain where Paleo points have been found in the past. Unfortunately, drought conditions exist in some of those areas I believe. But since that means points after wind storms, wherever those areas are is where I might head if I had time. Whole lot goes into that of course, not the least of which is permission to look, as true in Ct. as it is in Ks.
          Rhode Island

Comment

From what I have seen on the forums and Youtube, Missouri creek hunting is probably the most productive. I'm always amazed by the quality and size of the artifacts that are found there. The pieces that are found while digging in Texas also appear to be found in good quantities.

Comment

Arkansas used to have a few but I to have already found them all in this part .......... lol .... just kidding ,,, I left one or two hehehehe
              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

Scratch Michigan off your list! :laugh:

Comment

Skip ohio, theres nothing to be found in this state..;-)

Comment

Indiana is great hunting!....but only in the far,far south tip of the state away from the north half where I live.the only place to find stuff in the north part is private property with guard dogs running loose,they know me though.

Comment

JR wrote:

Indiana is great hunting!....but only in the far,far south tip of the state away from the north half where I live.the only place to find stuff in the north part is private property with guard dogs running loose,they know me though.
                        Yep!
                      Don't forget about the rabid racoons and freakin ferocious ferrets.
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

And killer rabbits...

Comment

Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be heading south end of next month. Anyone in Missouri or Texas that sees a guy with long hair and a shovel in their backyard.......don't shoot  :unsure:

Comment

Cachefind09 wrote:

From what I have seen on the forums and Youtube, Missouri creek hunting is probably the most productive. I'm always amazed by the quality and size of the artifacts that are found there.
                              I agree with Cachefind.
                            If you can gain access to private property along waterways in Mo. you can't go wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X