Artifact identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artifact identification

Greetings, I am new to the forum, and new to arrowhead hunting . I was hoping someone could help me identify what I have . It’s the second thing I believe is an artifact that I have found on my property. The first being a broken dart point , I believe , but cannot locate it at this time . Anyhow, the item in the picture was found in the same general vicinity as the dart point. It was found in Hays County Texas . I laid a quarter next too it for context. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

I believe it is an artifact. Possible preform that didn’t work out . Keep hunting that area!

Comment

Your find is a Quarry blank or like clay said a discarded failed preform. Hays is a good county for rescuing artifacts…

Comment

Thanks for your feedback , will definitely keep looking . I’m only about 1.5 miles from Jacob’s well which I’m sure was a heavily visited area by past peoples .

Comment

Welcome Will G! You will enjoy this forum. You have already found an artifact!
          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Welcome Will Its great you can find stuff right on your own property. I am glad you found us!
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Scraper…preform possibly….
              welcome to the group, awesome group. Really nice ppl here!
              ~Carpe Diem~

Comment

Would like to see the other one you found also. Looks like your on them. Time for a screen and start digging.

Comment

Keep hunting. You are on the right track. That is just as much of an artifact as a finished point. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Can anyone help me with the name of this one. It is part of passed down to me so I didn't actually find this in the field myself. Clarksville TN. Fain3

Comment

• CMD
                      CMD commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don’t know your region well, start a new thread, (don’t piggy back on another’s thread), and someone will be more likely to help you. Welcome to the forum.
                  Working...
                  X