question about mounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about mounds

I saw on this site recently a map of old mound sites in the ohio area but forget who was the one who posted it. I live in north central ohio and never realized i am located in the center of alot of known mound locations. I was wondering if anyone knew of a more modern map which may show roads or townships that i may be able to use a reference for when i am surface hunting? Any information you can give me would be great because i love to educate myself and i am very fascinated with the local histroy of indian activity in my area. A big thanks to everyone here on this site!!!!! Philip

the only one I know of for mounds is Mills. early 1900's i think. saw a map of our area down here, but he missed some. I dont remember exactly what the name of book is.

Comment

I do a lot of research, both online and in the library. Most libraries have sections dedicated to their local history. You have to spend a lot of time hunting both online and at the library but eventually you start to put two and two together and find out some interesting information and quite a few locations.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I think your referring to the Archaeology Maps of Ohio or the Mills maps. He spent a lot of time documenting native American structures in all the counties. I found 2 mounds in the area I hunt that I didn't even know were there. Check out the link:
                  http://drc.ohiolink.edu/handle/2374....wse?type=title
        Hope this helps you out.

Comment

Working...
        X