Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting Florida's rivers

I know many of these people from the Southern shows-

I bet it really comes as a shock Cliff when you know them ...........
    so sad 
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Keep this thread up top for a while til it sinks in.  Do not think there is no investigation going on in YOUR states.  This is not just a FL "problem".  Buyers and Sellers and destructionists are having a great effect on your hobby.  There is a LOT more info coming out.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

tomclark wrote:

Keep this thread up top for a while til it sinks in.  Do not think there is no investigation going on in YOUR states.  This is not just a FL "problem".  Buyers and Sellers and destructionists are having a great effect on your hobby.  There is a LOT more info coming out.
          I know they outlawed diving for relics a couple of years ago..Is it still legal to dig in Florida on private property?

Comment

Where does it all lead? Will surface hunting land you in jail some day? Could the cops crash in and take your collection on a whim? I guess rock solid(no pun intended) documentation of artifact acquisition will be a must,even then who's to say your safe?

Comment

I am commenting on this to keep it on the first page. People need to see that the actions of some selfish people can affect those of us who follow the Laws.

Comment

JR wrote:

Where does it all lead? Will surface hunting land you in jail some day? Could the cops crash in and take your collection on a whim? I guess rock solid(no pun intended) documentation of artifact acquisition will be a must,even then who's to say your safe?
              The future is now! Surface hunting on posted land can get you arrested today. As can surface hunting on state and federal property, like most parks, gamelands, lakes and rivers. Entire collections have been confiscated due to making the mistake of hunting in the wrong place. It is very important to know where your artifacts come from, and when they were found, if you don't find them yourself.

Comment

Luckily the only ones I can afford now are the ones I find myself on my friend land!

Comment

JR.. I am the same way.. surface hunter and have never bought or sold an anything.  I just find it amazing that nobody saw what they were doing before now.   Blows my mind.

Comment

Before 2006, it was legal to dive the rivers of Florida for artifacts. They had an Isolated Finds program which required collectors to report their finds, but very few ever reported anything although they found artifacts. So in 2006, it was made illegal.
                    I suspect that it has long been illegal to dig on Florida state property, but they did not enforce the laws as they do now.

Comment

Here is the press conference Florida held. Note at around 7 minutes what the archie says about eliminating collecting.

Comment

It sounded like he was kind of ad libbing there at the end of his speech, and that is often when you hear what people really think.  Scary stuff.
                        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Thanks for the information Cliff.    Gary
                          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                          X