Should I dig again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I dig again?

Hello everyone! I'm new to the this site. Last week I was digging a hole to plant a bush at my parent's home and noticed that many of the rocks in the hole were odd, sharp, and definitely not native to my area. (The black and white one, the chert, the flint, whatever the reddish one is). I collected just the suspicious ones and washed them up. I have found a few matches online for the small black flint point, and the tiny broken beige flint point, but I just wanted some opinions from some experts in this area of interest. No matter what, I have been turned on to a new hobby. :-D

If there are buried gas lines,Electric,Water or sewer call dig rite  :laugh: Other than that I see nothing wrong with you digging again. For any kind of opinion on things you post its a good idea to take closeup/macro pictures and mention area they were found.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Haha.  :laugh: I meant just a small hole in the same area of the yard. Not a full on dig.  I live in northern West Virginia.

Comment

Well you don't need my permission lol. I don't know the "laws" in your area, having said that, I think it may be a good idea to see what was left there long ago. Welcome to site from missouri
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

:welcome:  sorry, but I don't see anything in the photos that resemble actual artifacts. I don't see any broken points, unless close ups would clarify that.
          Rhode Island

Comment

The two that I believe are points are the very small black flint point and the tiny beige flint or chert point in the bottom of the pic. I will take better pics of just those two. And I am also very curious about the chert pebble with the triangle chipped out of it. I'll take pics of them close up later and repost. Lol. Thanks guys.   

Comment

Working...
            X