Newbie saying hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie saying hi

Hi Everyone....I live in Wisconsin, Manitowoc County...I do a lot of Metal Detecting and since my eyes are on the ground also looking for arrowheads. I live next to a stone quarry. the largest hills are 800 above sea level with lots of spring waters running through creeks...and the near by is a cemetery with and buffalo effigy mound..so I'm on land where the buffalo and Indians roam. I started walking creeks and fields...and fields that look like this M..well, should I keep looking between them slopes in the fields or waste of time.

:welcome: Skipaloo! What isnt a waste of time right/ :dunno:  :laugh:  If discovering lost ancient artifacts doesnt make you happy :crazy: .
    If you have fields in your area that get plowed for farming maybe try and track down an owner, it could last for years of finds.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

:welcome: from R.I.!
      call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

|

Comment

Welcome Skipaloo! Look forward to seeing what you have found up there.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from Central Illinois.
            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome from...well it changes  :rolf:  To AH.com :welcome:
              I also detect and have found that both can be done at the same time.  What I will say is it takes time and miles two start to find campsites and artifacts. Walk it all!
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com forum pages
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Don't forget there are fossils to be had as well as swinging that metal detector and picking dem points.
                  Howdy from Dallas Texas.
                  BTW I swing one pick points and find fossils all the time.
                  Jess B.
                  It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                  It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                  Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
                  X