Old member returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old member returns

Hello folks. I visited this forum for the first time in many years a few minutes ago and thought I would like to join back. I once was a member (over 10 years ago) but did not participate very much and then after I sold almost all of my artifact collection I thought there was little point (no pun intended  :lol: )in continuing with any forum participation so I just kinda dropped out. I took up other hobbies and interests and moved on. Now, I find that I still have an interest in archeology and prehistoric artifacts. I kept just a few of the artifacts from my old collection (I haven't actively collected in many years.) so I could pass them on to my son because as a young boy he would accompany me on my collecting trips and he has expressed an interest in having some of them as memorabilia after I am gone.  When I was an active collector I collected primarily in the north Alabama area but also had some artifacts from middle Tennessee. Back in those days I was a member of the Alabama Archeology Society and attended chapter meetings in Decatur, Alabama. I think there is no longer a chapter in Decatur but because I no longer live in that area I am not 100% certain. Back in those days I had the opportunity to know the authors of a famous point type book, "Handbook of Alabama Archeology" and learned much about arrowhead identification from them (Jack Cambron and David Hulse). I had scanned some of my collection into digital picture files and those files are in my computer. In the future I will try to show some of them to you as examples of some of what I used to have and those that I intend to pass on to my son. BTW the avatar that I am using now is a dandy Dalton that once was in my collection.  Well this has turned out to be longer than I intended but because I am retired I have lots of time to kill. Cheers to all. :cheer:

:welcome: back! I'm looking forward to seeing your collection, past -and- present!
    Child of the tides

Comment

:welcome: back from ctrl MN
      im guessing you were in the navy
      love that avatar pic, daltons are my fav of all point styles
      also my fav to make as a modern knapper
      cant wait to see your pics

Comment

:welcome: back from east TN!
        Glad to see that you've returned,  for some folks this hobby and journey of learning is just a fling or a interest that comes and goes. ... but it's good to see you still have a passion for pre-history.  The bug must have bit you good! Thanks for Sharing!
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Glad you came back Joe! Always nice to have some old timers show back up.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Welcome back Joe
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Joe, welcome back!
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Joe, since I am a new member I will just welcome you  :welcome:
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

:welcome: from east Texas
                  east Tx.

Comment

Welcome back Joe!
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

:welcome: from RI.
                      Rhode Island

Comment

Welcome back Joe
                        South Dakota

Comment

:welcome: back and yes, please post your collection.
                          Bruce
                          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Many thanks to all of you folks for the warm welcome I've received. I had forgotten how much I truly enjoy the study of history in general and archeology in particular. I am already starting to learn "new" (to me) stuff, as witnessed by my error in responding to a thread started by another member of the forum. Cheers to all! :cheer:

Comment

Working...
                            X