Anyone from Georgia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from Georgia?

New to this site, so far I really like what I see. My family and I have been arrowhead hunting for a few years now and I am a hardcore addict. I cannot ride by a field without wondering what might be out there. My 6 yr old son found his first whole point a few days ago. He loves it just as much as I do. Anyone from Georgia that could give me some history on what kind of stuff I am finding. Yay!! Super excited about this place!! And glad to know I am not the only arrowhead freak

Its fun getting the kids involved. My daughter has been hunting since age six but is loosing interest now at the ripe old age of ten.

Comment

Welcome to GA. I am over on the East side of Ga along the Savannah River. Pretty rich history here from the archaic period. Find mainly savannah river stemmed points along with morrow mountain. Occasional hardaway. Lots of reed punctuated pottery. What area of Ga are you?

Comment

Welcome, I am from Valdosta Ga. Good to see another Ga. person on here.

Comment

Welcome from Douglas, Ga. I find a good range of point styles in this area. By far the most prevalent types I find are Bolen Bevels ( early archaic) I also find a good many Savannah Rivers with a few Woodland points thrown in the mix.

Comment

I'm from across the big river from ya in the upstate of South Carolina.  Greenville hollering atcha-----Hiya!  djya hear that?

Comment

I'm new to the group and also would like to hear from georgians too. I live in Thomson, 20 miles east of Augusta. I look forward to being a part of the group and will post pics of some of my collection soon.

Comment

I'm new to the site too and also from Georgia. Pitts, about 15 min from Cordele. Nice to meet ya'll! And I know all to well about riding past them fields and wondering whats out there. Just yesterday I hit the dirt road and noticed a field of peanuts that were just turned. YAY! Now, trying to locate the owner for permission to walk it. =)
                Chasity

Comment

Hey I didnt relize so many here were from Ga. Im in NW georgia near Acworth. Glad to hear so many people in here from Ga no wonder why we see so much good stuff here. I find all kinds of items that you can think of from points to effigys and everything in between. Checkout my pics on my site. I just uploaded some new pics yesterday. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

I forgot I got some items for sale on cyberrug.com that is where all my mint items are. Check it out most are 40% off!

Comment

I spent a lot of time hunting around the acworth area. I miss it greatly now  that i moved to SW Virginia. The Etowah river has always been good to me. Love to see some of your finds. Best of luck

Comment

i'm john and i live in thomson.  hope to hear from some of yall soon

Comment

Welcome John, good place, good people, looking forward to seeing your stuff.
                          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from S.C. A lot of the same point types and material you all have. Good hunting.

Comment

Depends on what part of Georgia you are in. Archaic period lasted 9k years here. We have had all people come through here Spaniards,Vikings,and all types of Indians. The Creek were here and then the Cherokee ran them off. Even Paleo were here but it really depends on where you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X